The Housing Authority of the County of San Joaquin maintains programs to assist the low to moderate income community with housing costs.
These Assisted Housing Programs which consist of the Housing Choice Voucher Program (HCVP),
Public Housing and the Market Rate Properties are described below.
Waiting List Information
THE HOUSING AUTHORITY OF THE
COUNTY OF SAN JOAQUIN
HAS CLOSED THE PUBLIC HOUSING WAIT LIST.
The Housing Choice Voucher program waiting list is currently closed.
Questions may be directed to the Housing Authority of the County of San Joaquin at (209) 460-5000.
Answers to frequently asked questions regarding Public Housing and the Housing Choice Voucher Program can be found by following the links below.
- To apply online for Project based housing Click Here..
- HCVP and Public Housing waiting lists are currently closed. Project based and Sartini are currently open. Click here to complete an online preapplication.
Housing Choice Voucher Program (HCVP formerly Section 8)
In 1967, the Housing Act was passed introducing the Leased Housing Section 23 program. Under this program, the Housing Authority was authorized to lease privately-owned dwellings and sublease these dwellings
to low-income citizens at reduced rents.
In 1974, this program was replaced by the Housing Assistance Payment (HAP) Program, also referred to as Section 8. The Section 8 program originally allocated 945 units. At the end of 1998, the Section 8 program had allocated over 2,800 certificates and vouchers.
The HAP Program allowed:
Recipients of certificates and vouchers to enter directly into leasess with the owners
- Housing Authority allowed to subsidize a portion of the tenant's rent
In 1999, a new program was introduced to the Housing Authority called the Housing Choice Voucher Program (HCVP). This program:
- Eliminated certificates
- Offered tenants a voucher with more flexibility in renting a unit
- Allowed owners a little more flexibility with the initial rent rate
- Allowed for market based rent adjustments
In addition to the HCVP, the Housing Authority received 700 Welfare-to-Work vouchers to assist families in becoming self sufficient.
For a copy of the Housing Choice Voucher Program Administrative Plan Click Here.
Housing Choice Voucher (Section 8) Frequently Asked Questions.
Leasing Specialist Assignment Effective May 2015 Click Here.
For listings of available units for rent click on the link below:
Public Housing also known as Asset Management Properties (AMPís) provides rental assistance for low to moderate income families. Public Housing consists of four housing developments:
- Conway Homes is located at 741 Flint Avenue in southwest Stockton and has 436 family dwelling units ranging from 1-5 bedrooms.
- Sierra Vista is located at 2436 S. Belleview Street in Southeast Stockton and has 391 family dwelling units ranging from 1-5 bedroom units.
- Tracy Homes is located at 311 West Street in Tracy and has 195 single-family dwelling units ranging from 1-5 bedrooms.
Thornton Homes (Mokelumne Manor) is located at 26188 Manor Drive in Thornton and has 50 family dwelling units ranging from 1-4 bedrooms.
- Buthmann is located at 2525 Buthmann Avenue, Tracy, CA. Office locations Office 311 West Street, Tracy, CA
For a copy of the Admissions and Continued Occupancy Policy (ACOP)click here.
Market Rate Properties:
The Housing Authority owns and manages these Market Rate Properties:
- 8th Street 2282 E 8th Street, Stockton, CA - Single Family Home, Office - Admin Building - 448 S Center Street, Stockton, CA
- Central Avenue Apartments 508 S Central Avenue, Stockton, CA, Office - Admin Building - 448 S Center Street, Stockton, CA
- Mourfield Avenue Apartments is located at 3569/3579/3589/3599 Mourfield Avenue in Stockton and has 4 dwelling units.
- Washington Avenue Apartments is located at 719 Washington Street in Lodi and has 6 dwelling units.
- West Park Street Apartments is located at 32 West Park Street in Stockton and has 12 dwelling units
The Housing Authority owned affordable housing units:
- Claremont Manor Apartments is located at 347 East Flora Street in Stockton and has 52 dwelling units.
Income Limits and Payment Standards.
The annual income limits for Admission to Public Housing, Housing Choice Voucher Program, HCVP, (formerly known as Section 8) &
Rental Assistance Programs have been revised effective March 28, 2016 as set forth in the following document:
2016 Utility Allowance Worksheets