The Housing Authority of the County of San Joaquin is pleased to announce the "San Joaquin Housing Authority Scholarship Foundation".
The Foundation provides scholarships to assist students pursuing an education. The scholarships range from $500.00 to $1,500.00 and will
be awarded on a competitive basis.
Applications are being accepted for the
Fall Quarter or Fall Semester of 2013.
- Applicants must be a tenant residing in rental property owned by the HACSJ.
- All applicantions will be reviewed for qualification through verification with applicable tenant records.
- Applicants may be a senior in high school, a presently enrolled college student, or a re-entry student pursuing academic/technical training.
- Applicants must be accepted at an academic/technical institute to be eligible.
- Applicants must have a 2.5 or higher cumulative grade point average. (May be waived for re-entry students out of school for a minimum of five (5) years).
- Applicants must submit:
- Completed application.
- Printed or typed essay describing how the obtained degree will be used.
- Completed Education Expenses and Funding Sources Work Sheet.
- Letter of reference (employer, teacher, instructor, clergy, etc.). Letters from family or household members will not be accepted as a reference.
- Most recent high school or college transcripts.
Return the completed application, including the items listed above, to:
Housing Authority of the County
of San Joaquin Scholarship Program
ATTN: Scholarship Committee
P.O. Box 447
Stockton, CA 95201
Applications are available at all Public Housing sites, the
Administrative Building, and on the website.
Application Deadline: May 31, 2013.
Applications will not be accepted after the May 31, 2013 deadline.